Mountain Valley Hospice has been chosen by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to participate in an investigational study called the Medicare Model.
studies how the quality of life can improve when individuals with a serious illness have access to care focused on comfort as they continue to aggressively treat the illness, with
The Model focuses on clarifying the patient's needs and helping with decision-making between the patient and family, his or her primary medical provider, and the Care Choices team.
Who is eligible?
is for those with the following diagnoses:
• Heart Failure
What are the benefits?
Our team will focus on needs and wishes for living well that include:
• Helping you manage your treatments and appointments
• Answering your questions
• Making sure your doctors are talking to each other
• Helping with pain, trouble breathing, or other symptoms
• Visiting you in your home
• Giving you and your loved ones extra support so you can focus on feeling better
How do I
• Are you enrolled in Medicare Part A and B?
• Do you have a drug prescription plan?
• Have you been to the hospital in the last 12 months because of this illness?
• Have you seen your doctor 3 or more times in the last 12 months?
• Do you currently live at home?
Why choose Care Choices?
• helps to improve your quality of life, comfort and peace of mind.
• Medicare pays for it.
• There are no co-pays or deductibles.
• You can continue your treatments while also getting coordinated care and support, to achieve the best possible outcome
• "It’s Your Life. Your Choice."