Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care has been chosen by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to participate in an investigational study called the Medicare Care Choices Model.
Care Choices studies how the quality of life can improve when individuals with a serious illness have access to care focused on comfort as they continue to aggressively treat the illness with hope of a cure or extended life.
The Care Choices model focuses on clarifying the patient’s needs and helping with decision-making between the patient and family, his or her primary medical provider, and the Care Choices team.
Who is eligible?
Care Choices is for those with the following diagnoses:
- Heart failure
What are the benefits?
Our team will focus on needs and wishes for living well that include:
- Helping you manage your treatments and appointments
- Answering your questions
- Making sure your doctors are talking to each other
- Helping with pain, trouble breathing or other symptoms
- Visiting you in your home
- Giving you and your loved ones extra support so you can focus on feeling better
How do I access care?
- Are you enrolled in Medicare Part A and B?
- Do you have a drug prescription plan?
- Have you been to the hospital in the last 12 months because of this illness?
- Have you seen your doctor three or more times in the last 12 months?
- Do you currently live at home?
Why choose Care Choices?
- Care Choices helps to improve your quality of life, comfort and peace of mind
- Medicare pays for it
- There are no co-pays or deductibles
- You can continue your treatments while also getting coordinated care and support, to achieve the best possible outcome
- “It’s Your Life. Your Choice.”
For more information about this study, please contact us.