The Transitions program is an integral part of the mission of Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care. “To improve the quality of life for persons with a limited life expectancy and their families” Transitions is design to work with people “where they are” in the treatment or disease process.
Transitions is a program of support for people who have life limiting illnesses. It can be provided to those who remain hopeful for a cure and those who may be receiving curative care and treatment. Transitions can be provided in addition to other programs of care that a person is receiving and can be provided in any place of residence. Transitions is not limited to the last six months of life.
When one has been diagnosed with a serious illness, life becomes confusing and very stressful. Transitions is designed to provide case management and volunteer support along or in addition to other care programs. Transitions case managers and specially trained Transitions volunteers will be able to:
- Assist with finding available resources for needed services
- Provide assistance with chores and errands
- Offer companionship and a “listening ear”
- Identify and support the individual’s choices for care and treatment
- Provide help navigating the often complex systems of health care.
To get more information about the Transitions program call 336.789.2922 or 1.888.789.2922.