Volunteering your time with Mountain Valley Hospice can change your life and the lives of others.
Whether it’s a smile, companionship, reading or using your talents to ease the weight of a day for a patient or family member, hospice volunteers are rewarded with the appreciation of those they serve. We offer a free comprehensive training program each month that includes understanding hospice, symptom management, communication and grief.
All prospective volunteers must complete a training course specific to their roles. This can vary from 1-12 hours depending on the position. Training is provided in a group or one-on-one setting.
For more information, contact Heidi College at 1-336-355-0419 or submit the following form:
Roles you might enjoy:
- Visit patients and families in their homes, providing companionship or a break for the caregiver(s)
- Celebrate patients’ birthdays by baking and delivering birthday cakes
- Make phone calls to patients or caregivers
Answer the phones and greet guests at our inpatient hospice homes
- Do various administrative tasks
- Provide comfort and companionship
with your certified therapy animal
- Help at Love’s PEAK grief camps for children
- Assist with our various events
- Help with fundraisers
- Make prayer blankets for our new patients
- Donate items for hospice homes (snacks, meals, toiletries, etc.)
We Honor Veterans
We Honor Veterans empowers hospices and other healthcare providers across the U.S. to meet the unique needs of our military veterans and their families.
Volunteers must be licensed or certified to provide specialized services.
- Art therapy
- Massage therapy
- Pet therapy
- Music therapy